Thursday, February 7, 2013

Tick Tock

I got an email from my potential IP's today, and apparently they were not informed that I was not going to be ready for IVF until August. To say the least, it has been a long day, and they haven't responded to my email letting them know. Although there is still six months left until I am ready, I really wanted to get to know my IP's beforehand, and to form a relationship given my surrogacy history.

As I watch the hours go by, I'm scared that they will decide that they want someone who is already ready to go. I am a bit upset that the agency did not tell them this to begin with, as I have made it clear to the agency that under no circumstances will I be ready before then.

I hate that I have to wait now, and I don't know their timeline for when they want to be transferring, and how much they would want to stick to that timeline either. This is one problem with agencies I guess, you're dealing with a third party who is involved outside of the surrogacy and you have to kind of assume that information was passed on correctly.

Lesson Learned : Assume nothing and take it upon myself to make the timeline, expectations clear on my end.

No comments:

Post a Comment