Thursday, November 18, 2010

Finally Something Super Exciting!!

soooo hehe

I GOT MY CLOMID TODAY!!  Which  is ironic, because I also got birth control today [not to be used together lol].

I thought that everyone would want to know!! :D  I'm soo happy I'm jumping around!!  We'll be taking them days 5-9 for a first cycle.  The earlier in the cycle you do it, the better the results are.  3-7 would have been my first option either way, but not sure how that works once we have IPs etc.  You ovulate 5-10 days after the last pill, so keeping that in mind, scheduling is harder, and my doc recommended we started with a 5-9 day and move up.

The way follicles and clomid work are as such.

On CD1, you have many follicles starting to grow, about 20 per cycle.  On day 2, they start to die off as a woman's body only matures one egg a month, choosing the best of many follicles.  Day 3 is when you have about 10 still growing, and is also the day your body starts to really get serious about finding that one egg.  For those who have been trying clomid awhile, some may start on day 3 to get 2-3 eggs for higher chances.

Day 5-9 you usually get 1 egg, sometimes 2 depending.  It is lowest risk for hyperactivity in the ovaries.

by day 6, there is one egg bigger than the rest and your body takes that one egg to grow.

Think I covered it all :D

Anyway, we're super happy today even though I have to cancel the kids' appointments lol

Have a great day everyone.

Cathleen

2 comments:

  1. i think you know more about clomid and our bodies than i do, lol i just take something and read the side effects and what it does and I go on...Im thinking about taking clomid once more before going to the dr....i still have the prescription. ANd if not....then we will go see the dr. It'll save me 30.00, no....40.00 copay to see him. grrr i dont know why things are so difficult

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I've been told I'm a sponge :P

    I would definitely try it again!! Why not?

    ReplyDelete